35 - 17Full Time
All members are invited to participate in the Dubai Hurricanes Club Annual General Meeting (AGM) to be held on Friday 31st January 2020, commencing at 11:00 in the Dubai Hurricanes Lounge at the Sevens Clubhouse.
Only paid up club members over the age of 18 and parents who have paid their child’s subscriptions for the 2019-2020 season may attend the AGM.
Any club member who has paid membership for the current season is entitled to raise business for discussion at the AGM provided they inform the Club Secretary in writing at least 3 days prior to the AGM (by CoB on Tuesday 28th), so that the matter may be added to the agenda. Please use the following email address should you wish to raise an item of business or communicate with the Club Board: email@example.com
The Club Chairman, Simon Lewis, has decided to step down at the end of this season and the Board has nominated Peter Clapp to take over the position. Any Club members wishing to be considered for the position of Club Chairman who meets the nomination criteria below should notify the Board in writing no later than 5pm on Friday January 24th for approval to stand for election at the AGM. The criteria agreed by the Board for the position of Club Chairman is:
- The person shall hold a current UAE residence visa and have been normally resident in the UAE for at least 8 years
- The person shall have been a member of the Club for at least 5 years with at least 2 years on the Club Committee or other senior coaching or manager role
The Board would like to accept nominations for the position of Vice Chairman should that position become vacant at the AGM. Any Club member who wishes to join the Board and assume the position of Vice Chairman should notify the Board in writing no later than 5pm on Friday January 24th for approval to stand for election to the Board at the AGM. The criteria agreed by the Board for the position of Club Vice Chairman is:
- The person shall hold a current UAE residence visa and have been normally resident in the UAE for at least 5 years.
- The person shall have been a member of the Club for at least 3 years with at least 1 year on the Club Committee or other senior coaching or manager role
The agenda for the AGM will include the following items:
- Introduction of new Board Members appointed since the last AGM
- Vote for Chairman and if applicable for Vice Chairman and for other Board members
- Presentation and approval of Annual Accounts (2018-19 season) and a review of the status of the Club’s finances and performance. Vote to amend the club accounting Year End to April 30th from the current June 30th
- Presentation by the Club Auditors. Vote to re-appoint the Club Auditors
- Discussion of new Club Constitution required by the CDA. Vote to approve the new Club Constitution
- Discussion on the update to the Club Operating Procedures
- Club Direction: A discussion on recent developments in the operating of the club and strategies under review to ensure future success. Following the resounding success of the Netball section the Board proposed the creation of a new ‘Cricket’ section. Vote to approve the new Cricket section
20 - 55Full Time
27 - 19Full Time
The biggest Junior Rugby Festival host by the Dubai Exiles and Dubai Hurricanes at The Sevens Stadium, with over 3,000 junior rugby players from participating clubs and schools from around the Gulf and internationally.
37 - 9Full Time